FAILURE

"Failure is stepping stone to success" This quote seems to be taken very literally by many of us. We believe that each failure in every scenario acts as a step to success. Life has been more then kind to provide me the stepping stones but has always eluded the pedestal. distinctly remember that in one of the interviews i said " I am not afraid of failure" I never knew that life would ask me exemplify this so many times. ok lets count what all i have lost in all these years: i have failed to crack CAT twice i have been in a miserable crush on a female. But could not convince her of my love. ruined my engineering oh i forgot to mention that i tried my luck at IIT JEE as well and missed out on that as well The list is endless and to be honest I have seldom learned anything from these setbacks. After each of the setback I have either blamed my luck or someone else for my failure. I have vented out the frustration either by screaming, abusing or weeping. I am not alone on earth who does that, most of us do the same. It is just that I shamelessly accept it. But off late I have been thinking over "failures" and "Setbacks" , specially upon why some of the greatest achievements have followed a long string of failures. Being an engineer, I have always appreciated logic over philosophy. so I looked for the answerers in the laws of Physics instead of teachings of Gibran. Newton's law states that energy can't be destroyed but can only be converted from one form to other. Hence when one's labor is not converted to success, the energy is not consumed. This energy is spent by most of us either by screaming our guts out, hence converting the energy in sound vibrations, or weeping or abusing - energy converted to kinetic energy. I believe that when one's hard work is not converted in to something constructive - i.e. desired result, this energy gets accumulated. Hence accumulation of this energy over a span often results into something out of ordinary. Ab Lincoln is one of the finest case of this theory. The most famous Pres of US had whethered long string of failures before assuming the most powerful seat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you, Mr PM

You too Manmohan